A brass band plays on the boardwalk about where the American Legion Building now stands . This photograph is from an 1885 stereoptical slide. Kendrick W. Brown's building (destroyed by fire on January 18, 1886) is believed to be one-story frame building shown here. The re-built structure on that site housed a series of bakeries (Ferguson Bakery, for example) and an insurance agency. This is the north side of Onondago (Main) Street between Kellogg and Douglas avenues. (See also: 3.14.1-2; 3.15.1; 3.16.1; 10.40.1; 11.50.3-4).
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:00:48 pm