This photograph of the Iowa State College central campus was probably taken from the campanile when the bell tower was quite new. The prominent building in the center is Main Hall with Morrill Hall in the right of the photograph and the English Office Building to the left of Main Hall. The Marston Water Tower, completed in 1898, is seen in the back of Main Hall in the center of the photograph. The Chemical and Physical Laboratory, built in 1871 and destroyed by fire in 1913, is seen behind the English Office Building.
MARSTON WATER TOWER
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2011, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/06/2011 03:23:08 pm