1930@
   Citation: 169.946.2 (Full image size: 47Kb)

The Ames Tourist Court when operated by John W. Ogle. It was the first facility of its kind in Ames, opening in 1927, and was located on the south side of Lincoln Way near the east edge of Ames. It was built before the word "motel" had been coined and operated under the name "Ames Tourist Court" at 318 E. Lincoln Way until 1958 when its name became "Ames Tourist Motel." The motel was listed in Ames telephone directories through 1963. (Photo courtesy of the Iowa Dept. of Transportation)


AUTOMOBILES
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:12:59 pm