Citation: 134.737.1-5 (Full image size: 72Kb)
The Ames Band Shell, or Music Pavilion, under construction, 1934. Beyond the steel work can be seen the Munn Lumber Compnay's sheds on the south side of Fifth Street. The finished band shell was dedicated on June 13, 1935 and Iowa Bandmasters held their annual convention on that day with thirteen Iowa community bands participating.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2011, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/06/2011 02:49:37 pm