This is a picture of one of the items from the 1915 cornerstone of the Municipal Building, viewed after the cornerstone was opened in 1996 in preparation for the renovation of the building into the Jacobson Building (Youth & Shelter Services headquarters). The photo is an advertisement for a crank (magnetic) telephone manufactured by the Western Electric company and represents the latest communications technology in 1915.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:05:51 pm