206.1169.3
  

Lincoln Way is shown immediately west of the Grand Avenue intersection on December 19, 1966. The buildings in the photograph are on the north side of Lincoln Way directly across from the Iowa Highway Commission [now the Iowa Dept. of Transportation] complex. Sorenson's Phillips Oil Station has become Sorenson's Phillips 66 Station. The Greyhound bus station sign indicates that down the row of business in the right of the photograph lies the town's long-distance bus terminal. Finesse Beauty Salon is shown at its original Ames location at 819 Lincoln Way followed by the House of Appliance store (owned by Garry L. Wilson and Garald E. Wirth). Across the street to the west of the Phillips station is the St. Cecilia Convent at 903 Lincoln Way. (Photo courtesy of the Iowa Dept. of Transportation)

1966
SCHOOLS
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:14:47 pm