1960
   Citation: 206.1170.5 (Full image size: 85Kb)

Iowa Highway Commission photograph, taken on April 5, 1960, showing Lincoln Way, one block east of Duff Avenue. Bob's Tip-Top Restaurant can be seen in the lower left on the corner of Sumner Avenue and Lincoln Way. Each of the four Duff-Lincoln Way corners was home to a service station: Hansen's Standard was owned by Meryl N. Hansen; Brown's Sinclair was owned by Merlyn D. Brown; Walt & Mel's DX was owned by Walter E. and Melvin R. Hannusch; and Ballard Shell was owned by Glen Ballard. (Courtesy of the Iowa Dept. of Transportation)


SERVICE STATIONS
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:15:09 pm