Citation: 15.72.1 (Full image size: 66Kb)

George Tilden family home at 915 Douglas (west side of street). Built in 1869 by George G. and Lydia C. (his wife). Sometime around 1904-05 the house was divided into two houses which were moved to the Kellogg side of the same block. Today [1991} the portion shown here at the right is still standing at the Kellogg location with some changes in the porch arrangement. The other house stood for many years until it was cleared so that a fourplex could be built. Print is reversed here. (See also: 61.311.1-4, where print is correctly oriented)


Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656

Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:23:22 pm