Flood waters from 1915 or 1918 damaged this bridge on Squaw Creek north of the Iowa State College campus. The bridge went across the creek to a field that is now Veenker Memorial Golf Course. What is today's (1996) Stange Road can be seen beyond the water in the upper center of the photo. Concrete bridge (not shown lhere) on Stange Road was build by prison labor in 1915.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:41:20 pm