18.86.1
  

Hoggatt School after it had been converted into a residence at the corner of Sourth Third/Fourth & Oak streets. In background is the steeple of the original St. Cecilia Church, built in 1901 on west side of Oak street south of the yet-to-be constructed St. Cecilia's School [later to become one of the Iowa Dept. of Transportation buildings]. In 1905, Bethesda Lutheran Church bought the church building and moved it to site in this photo (southwest corner of South Second and Oak). Owner of the residence (nee Hoggatt School) had added on the room to the south of original structure. (That room was removed when school was restored in 1981 by the Ames Heritage Association.) In 1907, the owner also added on two-story addition and used original room as a living/dining room. (Quade Studio photo)

1906@
HOGGATT SCHOOL
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:48:35 pm