This sign was fastened on the chain link fence that surrounded the Hoggatt School one-room schoolhouse after it was moved from its location at 1008 Third Street to the grounds of Meeker Elementary School at 300 Twentieth Street. This was the first restoration project of the Ames Heritage Association [now, 2004, called the Ames Historical Society]. It was moved in 1981. The full story of the restoration project is told in Appendix E, "Locating Hoggatt School," in "Ames the Early Years in Word and Picture; from Marsh to Modern City," by Farwell T. Brown, 1993.
HOGGATT SCHOOL RESTORATION
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:48:40 pm