Citation: 183.1032.1-5 (Full image size: 63Kb)
Zearing, Iowa, hotel known in 1893 as The Zearing House when Gates Brown, Stuart Hutchison, and George Tilden rode their bicycles from Ames to Minneapolis and stayed here along the way. This photo was taken in 1914 when every town in Story county had a hotel. The Zearing House was built in the 1880s.
HUTCHISON, STUART C.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2011, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/06/2011 03:16:02 pm